Pain Treatment and Interactive Patient Cases
Up to 14 hrs CE
Healthcare providers, healthcare students
A letter of completion for up to 14 hours is available
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#1R44DA027245-01).
This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance, Patient Outcome.
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Screen for substance use or risk of substance use in cases with common pain conditions
- Assess and diagnose patient pain using a systematic approach
- Initiate pain treatment using pharmacological and/or non-pharmacological methods, using first-line therapies if possible
- Use a patient-centered approach in evaluating and treating patients with pain
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with other healthcare providers when prescribing opioids for chronic pain
- Monitor patients during ongoing pain treatment and make appropriate referrals/safely discontinue when indicated
Audience: Healthcare providers, healthcare students
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
|Up to 14 hr(s)
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for up to 14 hours is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Professional Practice Gaps
Training Activity References
Reviews for this activity
Excellent and well-organized training
— Occupational Medicine